I first came to fine art in 1990, I began my schooling in Los Angles California where I studied the fundamentals of drawing from a totally philosophical point of view.
In 1992, I was accepted to continue my academic studies at the Ontario College of Art (
oldest art school) from which I graduated with honours in 1996. My education encompassed art history, theoretical & studio practices in both painting and sculpture and eastern and western philosophy.
I travelled every winter to San Miguel de Allende to continue my art education, exhibiting and teaching somehow incorporating their cultural and philosophy in my on-going work.
Paintings exclusively on Display at Gallery Athnia, san Miguel de allende,
. and Z Art Gallery, Toronto
• Cederidge Art Centre
• AGBU Canada Group Show
• Scarborough Open Doors Arts show
• AGBU Canada Group Show, 2000
• Pueblo Gallery San Miguel de Allende,
• Athenia Gallery San Miguel de Allende,
• 51st Annual Armenian Student Association Show NY, NY.
• A.G.B.U. Canada Solo Show
• Nelson Park Creative Centre, Jured Group
• Pueblo Gallery San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
• Athenia Gallery San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
• Angela Prelta Theatre, Solo San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
• Rail-Ends Gallery, Haliburton, Group Show Ont.
• Scarborough Bluffs Gallery, Solo
• Open Doors Arts Week
• Colour And Form Society, Etobicoke Civic Centre, Jured Group
• Gamar Armenian Culture Centre, Scarborough, Group
• Open Doors Arts Weeks
• Art Naturally - SAC Group, Jured Group
• Arshel Gorkey Art Gallery, jured group
• Canadian Consulate Mexico, San Miguel de Allende, Solo
• Z. Art Gallery, Markham, Ontario Solo
• SAC jured (Honourable Mention)
• 48th Annul Armenian Student Show - New York, NY
• SAC “Open Doors”
• Concilium Show sponsored by SAC (Special Merit), jured
• SAC , jured
• Cafe’ Istan - Bowmanville, Ontario
• Art Naturally - Sponsored by SAC
• SAC “Open Doors”
• SAC - Fall “Arthur Show” Special Merit, jured
• 47th Annual ASA Show - New York, NY, Group
• Annual OCA “Open House” Student Exhibition
• First Solo Show - Agincourt Library, Scarborough, Ontario
• Scarborough Art Council Providence Centre Show
• Scarborough Arts Council
• Advisory Committee Scarborough Arts Council
Paintings on display at:
• Athenia Gallery, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
• Z. Art Gallery, Markham, Ont.
• Private collection in the United States, Australia, Canada, Mexico Greece, Costa Rica, and Armenia
Teaching Experiences/ Workshop:
I am Currently teaching art for the City of Toronto at Cederidge Art Centre and Stephan Leacock Community Centre (Encaustic Paintings, Water Colour, Acrylic, Drawing and Portraiture
.San Miguel de Allende,
• Haliburton school of fine art.
• Neilson park Creative Centre,
• Don Valley Art Club,
I draw inspiration from my travels, particularly
. My music, my spirituality, my love of nature, my joy in simplicity of life all combine to enkindle my art. Simple things in life have a great effect on me.